3.0 – 1 July 2020
Welcome to Countr 3.0! This feature adds a lot of improvements across your devices.
+ Support for multiple counts – Now, you can have multiple counts active at the same time. Give each a name and track multiple things at once!
+ Automatic data syncing – Thanks to iCloud, your counts will automatically sync between your devices. Count items on your iPhone while home and seamlessly switch to your Apple Watch while out and about!
+ iPad – Countr 3.0 is optimized for iPad. Now, you can use Countr natively. And it supports multitasking, so you can easily use Countr next to another app for counting purposes.
+ New Apple Watch app – Take advantage of the new Apple Watch app. It is now no longer tied to the iPhone app, meaning you can use the Watch app independently. It also includes support for multiple counts.
2.5 – 11 May 2020
– Addresses an issue for users on iOS 13.4 that would cause the app to crash on launch. Sorry for not catching this sooner!
+ Adds support for migrating count data in a future version of Countr.
2.4 – 3 October 2019
Support for iOS 13!
+ Dark Mode in the app will now match your system-wide Dark Mode settings.
– Numerous bug fixes and performance enhancements for iOS 13.
2.3 – 27 September 2019
+ Alternate app icons – Want something other than the orange icon on your home screen? Now you can change it to one of several options.
+ Siri Suggestions – Now, your phone will learn when you use Countr and will suggest it to you when it thinks you want to count something!
Note: This is the last version to support iOS 11 and 12.
2.2 – 27 August 2019
+ Dark Mode! Back and better than ever, with colors optimized for use on any iOS device screen.
+ Improved Voiceover support.
+ Quick Action – Start a fresh, new count straight from the home screen. On 3D Touch enabled devices, press on the home icon to find the option to open Countr with a reset count.
2.1.1 – 16 August 2019
– Fixed an issue with the Tip Jar not showing tip options.
2.1 – 19 June 2019
+ Tip Jar – Countr is and will remain free. But now you can help support development of it!
+ Watch Complications – Now you can set Countr as a complication on your Watch face to quickly launch the Watch app!
+ Dynamic Type Support – Most UI should now scale properly based on accessibility options. If something is missing, and accessibility is important to you, please let us know!
+ Haptic feedback on Watch when counting
– Fixes an issue when counting would pause background audio
– Fixes a UI bug regarding the count buttons
– Slightly increases size of the count buttons
– Addresses an issue where counts from the Watch would not sync properly if the iOS app was closed
– Improves app performance when tapping a count button after a fresh launch
2.0 – 27 March 2019
– Adds support for latest iPhones
– Improved Apple Watch app
– Updated UI, including a more streamlined settings screen
1.4.1 – 1 June 2016
– We’ve improved communication between the Watch and iPhone apps. Your count now syncs between the two apps!
1.4 – 10 December 2015
+ Added an Apple Watch app, making it quick and easy to take a count on your wrist.
+ Added (optional) audio feedback when counting in the iPhone app.
1.3 – 29 August 2015
+ Save a count at any time! Use the new “Save Count” action in the Share extension.
+ Of course, if you’ve saved a count, where did it go? There’s a new view accessible from the Settings view. Tap the icon in the top right corner and see all of your past counts!
1.2 – 28 June 2015
+ Countr Widget: Was the Countr app not a quick enough way to count? Well, say hello to the Countr Today View Widget! Not you can open Today View and update your count at any time!
+ New icon: Countr just got a lot nicer looking thanks to the new icon. Thanks to Dillon Klassen for his work on it!
1.1.1 – 21 April 2015
+ Added proper support for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
+ Added a share option. Now you can quickly share a count. Need to text your tally to someone? Here you go. Perfect for sending your count into a custom Workflow
– Reworded the swipe direction setting so it’s easier to see what it does. Want to count by swiping horizontally instead of vertically? That’s what this option is for
– Made it clearer to see if Auto Dark Mode was enabled. If it is, you won’t be able to change the Dark Mode setting (Auto Dark Mode overrides the other)
– Modified the Auto Dark Mode slider to take input corresponding to all screen brightness options
1.1 – 21 December 2014
+ Auto Dark Mode – Our initial release included the ability to switch to Dark Mode, perfect for low light conditions. With this update, we’ve made it even easier to enable Dark Mode! How? With ‘Auto Dark Mode’, Countr will now automatically switch to and from Dark Mode depending on your screen brightness. Are you in a dark room? No doubt, your display will dim itself automatically. Countr can detect this and switch to Dark Mode, making it easier on your eyes and less noticeable to those around you.
– Replaced menu labels with Icons – We’ve also made some minor UI changes. Gone are the text labels on the main count screen. Those have been replaced with icons for a simpler count view.
And of course, we took the time to squish a few bugs.
If you like using Countr, please rate and review our app! If you need any help or have any questions, visit random-projects.com or tweet us @RandomProjects.
1.0 – 29 August 2014
Our initial release brings Countr to the masses. If you ever needed to take a count, you now can in a very easy way.
Countr also lets you quickly increase or decrease the count with a swipe of your finger. Simple pan your finger along the screen to change the count; the faster you pan, the quicker it changes.
Want to quickly reset your count? Just shake your iPhone.
There is no gimmick with Countr. This isn’t an app trying to recreate a mechanical counter or ticker. This is a simple, clean app to help you take a quick count when you need to do so.